He is risen!

Easter blessings to you and yours. The tomb was empty and because of that, we look forward to the day when our Savior will come for us. I hope you had a good day with family and friends. I made this card for my son's girlfriend. The stamp is Stampendous (I think). I don't know the source for the paper. It is old. I colored with colored pencil. Sentiment is from Kitchen Sink Stamps. Ribbon is from Michaels.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

For My Mother



This is the card I made for my mother. She has Alzheimers so every Mother's Day is bittersweet. I tried to coordinate it with the flowers we're taking her. Tomorrow will be a busy day. We are all meeting at my aunt's house about an hour and a half from here. My step-dad and mom are coming down from the Indianapolis area. Both of my boys will be coming over, as will my youngest son's girlfriend. My cousins and all of their children will all be there. My mom's third sister also has Alzheimers and she will be there too. Her daughter lives here in Lexington and she and all of her kids will be coming over as well. The aunt who is hosting the event is the only one of the three sisters who has all of her wits about her. But, it should be fun. I figure if my youngest's girlfriend can handle this rowdy bunch then she's a keeper! We love her and are so happy she can be with us. She and my son will be working at a camp for inner-city children again this summer. They are on duty 24-7 and they both just love it. Well, blessings to all and keep looking up as the day soon approaches.

2 comments:

Jacki Marie said...

First let me wish you a Happy Mother's Day Friend! And now let me say that your coloring job is fantastic. I've been looking at that image and I still haven't taken the plunge to color it yet. Soon. You've inspired me...The only thing wrong with your picture is the tulips... they are the wrong color! LOL

Jacki Marie said...

you've been nominated! see my blog for details.

c.d. holders

c.d. holders